Sunday, April 28, 2013

Gluten Free Sweet and Sour Chicken

I am a cooking rule breaker.  I don't really follow directions well which is why I am better cook than baker.  Tonight I did a bit of exploring with a favorite dish of my families. 
1 lb of chicken breast
3 tbls ketchup
2 tbls gluten free soy sauce
1/2 cup white vinegar
2 tbls honey
1 cup cornstarch
salt, pepper, garlic to taste

 I chopped the chicken into bite size pieces and then sauteed it in a little butter with the salt, pepper and garlic in my wok.  (a frying pan would work just as well)  While that was cooking I mixed the ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and honey into a sauce.  Once the chicken was cooked through, I mixed in the cornstarch and then poured the sauce over it.  I baked it on 350degrees for 30 minutes.   I think next time I may add sesame seeds.  We ate it over rice, but it would be good over veggies too. 
My five year old son proclaimed this the best dinner I ever made and considering he is my picky eater, I take this as the highest complement.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment