Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Honey Mustard Slow Cooker Chicken


I am a huge fan of my slow cooker. I use it a few times a week. It is so convenient to throw something in while the babies are napping and have it perfectly done when the hubby gets home. I don't usually follow recipe directions, I tend to take an idea and just go with it. I love honey mustard chicken so I went ahead and made my own. This recipe can easily be converted to Paleo by making your own mustard. ( I plan on doing that very soon with this recipe here)
My plan was to make it ahead of time and cool it so we could eat it over salad. We did do this and it was very good, but I couldn't stop tasting it right out of the slow cooker. I was afraid we weren't going to have enough. Next time I'm going to double the batch. Here is what I did.


3 tbsp sweet hot mustard
3 tbsp regular mustard
1 tbsp honey
1 garlic clove 
1lb of chicken breast


I blended the ingredients together and poured them over the chicken. I cooked it for six hours on low because I wanted it to fall apart, but 4 hours would be sufficient. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!  Next time I will take a picture too!

4 comments:

  1. This I can do. And my husband will love me forever. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But, where's the picture so I can pin this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, I will be putting one on tonight. :). I do have it pinned on my board at Pinterest.com/liss3
    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete