Thursday, February 28, 2013

Slow cooker "Baked" sweet potatoes.

I can't believe it, three posts in one week!  I am on a role!  I want to share my new favorite way to eat sweet potatoes. I placed 4 medium sized sweet potatoes in my slow cooker, I drizzled a little olive oil on top. (next time I may try coconut oil) I then shook a few very generous shakes of pumpkin pie spice on top. They cooked on low for 4 hours to absolute perfection. Now, when we eat sweet potatoes for the holidays, my husband usually bakes them with brown sugar, cinnamon, syrup, coconut and loads of butter. They are amazing, but not healthy at all. I did want a healthy alternative to putting butter on them.  I decided to take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, two tablespoons of honey and a couple of healthy shakes of that pumpkin pie spice and blended it all together. We put it on the potatoes and it was amazing!  I also plan to keep the coconut oil mixture in the fridge for many other goodies to come. I hope you all enjoy my new favorite Paleo side dish.



No comments:

Post a Comment