Tuesday, March 5, 2013

DIY Cell Phone Holder






It drives me crazy that my phone never fits into the phone pocket in my purse.  Before I leave the house, I have plenty of time to shove it in, but when I'm out it winds up at the bottom every time.  Also, its extremely hard to find it when I'm standing in the grocery line and my phone is ringing like crazy.  I had an idea to make a little pocket for my phone.  I'm sure this has already been done, but I actually thought it up without looking at a pattern. 
First, I took a scrap of fabric and I measured it to my phone.  I folded the material and cut it to fit,  leaving allowances for seams.  I sewed it inside out so the seams would be on the inside.  I know it seems obvious, but for someone who needs it all spelled out, that is the first thing I always forget. Once my pocket was made, I took a long scrap of fabric (I used part of what I had trimmed) and I folded it in half to make a strap. I wish I had one of those fancy long metal rods for pulling strips right side out, because then I would have made it seamless.  (on my Christmas wish list)  Once that was made I hand sewed a snap on and voila, I was done.  The entire project took me less than an hour, start to finish.  All I have to do is wrap the strap around my purse strap and drop it into my purse and it will be easy to find and has been.  I've only used it for a day and love it already!



No comments:

Post a Comment