Monday, March 18, 2013

Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls

Looking for something to do with your leftover corned beef?  Or maybe just a change from the regular boiled dinner?  I found a recipes for cabbage rolls made with rice and hamburger and they looked really good, so I decided to give it a try with my corned beef.  It was so easy and really good.
I baked my corned beef in my deep dish baker I got from Amanda Henderson, my good friend and Pampered Chef consultant.  I then cut the meat into small chunks. I boiled my entire head of cabbage (whole) for about three minutes.  When it cooled enough to touch I peeled the cabbage and rolled up my corned beef  in each leaf and placed them in a well sprayed slow cooker I added some tomato sauce, seasoned with garlic, salt and pepper on top and cooked them on low for about four hours.  They were soooooo good!  Enjoy!

What you'll need:

1 head of cabbage
1 corned beef brisket
2 small cans tomato sauce
season to taste


(my pictures are not cooperating, but hopefully they show you the process a bit)






No comments:

Post a Comment