Friday, March 8, 2013

Day before payday pasta

Today was payday, tomorrow is shopping day. As I opened up my cupboards I realized mother Hubards cupboards were bare. I wracked my brain for what I could make for dinner. Then I remembered this dish my dad used to make when I was growing up. I thought my kids would really love it and I had everything. At least I think so. I never really made it before so I just sort of went on memory from watching my dad. He got it from his dad. I made up the name. I really have no idea what it's called. Here it is:

Boil 1 lb spaghetti noodles
While they are boiling mix together 5 eggs, a splash of olive oil, a couple shakes of Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
Rinse the noodles with extremely hot water and immediately return them to the pot. Quickly add the egg mixture and stir it around to coat the noodles. Put the lid on for a few minutes.
I have an electric stove so it stays hot, but if you are cooking on gas you may want to put it on low. You want the eggs to be cooked. That's it, super easy and my kids and husband LOVED it! As I side I cut up the last of my cucumbers and peppers. I really need to go shopping soon, but it's nice to know we have a winner!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe! Just made it tonight for my five girls (daddy was working late). Life saver! Also, I read your post about taking your stick figure to college and wanted to say your calling as a mother is truly the highest calling! Keep up the good work... the world does not look at a SAHM with respect but you are in the nursery of the nation. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement! I'm glad you liked the pasta, it's one of those fabulous dishes you almost always have everything for and if not its easy to substitute! My Grandpa was an awesome Italian cook :)

      Delete